Saturday, November 11, 2017

New Sisters!!

The guys now have 2 half sisters!! I stepped away from the search for a few years. But as I was going through and cleaning out files this morning, I took a look again at some of the paperwork we'd gotten when we first located his fathers family. It it were the first names of 2 possible siblings, Robin and Terry. I took a chance and got online. I hadn't been able to find them before because all that I had was the last name Lucas and I didn't know if either of them were male or female since those names could both go either way, but since then, their mother had passed away and an obituary was online that let me tie all the first names together and find their married names. I went from ancestry searching the mother and 2 children under first names, then to a general internet search once I had found a potential last name for their mother and found an obituary with the 2 childrens first names that matched, and then to facebook to search for the children under the married names. And then I made a call. They were shocked by the call, but it was really great to be able to make the connection. They knew in general who their father was but nothing about him or the family really and he had disappeared from their lives when they were very young too. And from what Doug remembers and they remember or had heard from family (same as Doug), he wasn't a real great guy, so Doug doesn't feel like he missed out on knowing him, but it's really great to find siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment